The Fiat Abarth Zagato was a great mix of Carlos Abarth reworking Fiat 600 suspension and tuning the engine to be a higher revving and more responsive power plant. Once that ‘platform’ was delivered to the famous Zagato factory in Milan, the iconic Double Bubble shape evolved. Back in the 50s, this was the darling of amateur racing internationally. This example has been very well maintained and was a strong contender in the 2010 California Mille, an aggressive 5-day 1,000 mile rally in northern California easily keeping up with 356 Porsches, Alfas and a Lancia. This was especially true in the tight twisites.
Owner bought the car 4 years ago and has corrected minor and major issues over time, including:
· Installed right & left floor pans
· Replaced cracked-broken side windows
· Re-manufactured door latches and door lock
· Replaced worn steering, tie rod ends and bushings
· Install electric fuel pump
· Routine tune ups and maintenance
· Rebuilt instruments, dash, steering wheel, etc.
· Replaced red vinyl upholstery with biscuit leather seats, matching vinyl door panels & new headliner
· Replaced non-standard oversized 62 cm exhaust system with original 28 cm system
Car was purchased with full roll cage, which is still in car. Does not have original engine, but the present engine is Abarth equipped. Have original type jack, tools and spare tire. Some mechanical spares come with the car. It is a joy to drive or show. It is in very good to excellent condition and can be driven on a regular basis.
Note: we are great fans of the Abarth Zagato double bubble having recently restored another one, ground up. A deserving crowd-pleaser.