Meticulous preparation, research and processes. We guarantee world class results for every Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati or other exotic, classic car that we restore even when starting with boxes of old parts.
RESTORATION PLAN (SAMPLE)
* SPARE PARTS: Inspect, photograph, inventory, package and store all supplied spare parts for car. Make notations
* CLEAN: Clean, wash and inspect car. Make notations.
* INSPECT: Inspect and test all systems and controls as much as possible before dis-assembly of car. Make notations.
* PHOTOS: Photograph and video all visible surfaces of (on, in and under) car. Make notations.
* INTERIOR: Photograph and remove seats, carpeting, console, dash, headliner, all panels, seat belts, etc. Make photos and notations of all aspects. Store parts.
* DASH AND OTHER INTERIOR SUB-ASSEMBLIES: Photograph front and back of dash. Remove, label, photograph, bag and store all remaining gauges, switches, controls, trim pieces, etc. Make notations. Perform similar operations on other interior panels, seats, etc. After dis-assembly, label and store all interior panels.
* GLASS, LIGHTS AND BRIGHT TRIM: Photograph, remove, clean, inspect, photograph, label and store all glass, lights and bright trim. Bag all small parts. Make notations.
* RUBBER BODY SEALS AND RELATED MATERIALS: Photograph, remove, label and store all window seals, window sweeps, window channels, draft seals, door seals trunk seal, etc. Order new seals and related materials. Make notations.
* WHEELS AND TIRES: Remove all 5 wheels from car. Remove tires, tubes, liners and lead weights from wheels. Clean, inspect and photograph wheels and knock-offs. Make notations of any damage and of Borrani model numbers. Send wheels out for restoration. Send knock-offs to chrome plating shop or replace, depending on condition.
* BRAKE and CLUTCH HYDRAULIC SYSTEM: Photograph, remove, clean, inspect, photograph again, brake master cylinder, clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, both brake boosters, all 4 brake calipers, all brake and clutch hydraulic hoses, all brake and clutch hydraulic pipes and fittings, brake and clutch fluid reservoirs. Separate brake rotors from hubs. Label, bag and store parts.
* HUBS, UPRIGHTS AND BRAKE ROTORS: Photograph. Remove hubs from suspension uprights. Remove brake rotors from hubs, Clean, inspect, catalog and photograph all parts including bearings, spacers, seals, etc. Make notations and make up parts list. Label bag and store parts.
* PARKING BRAKE LINKAGE: Photograph. Remove, clean, inspect catalog and photograph parking brake lever, linkage, cables and related parts. Make notations. Label bag and store parts.
* PEDAL ASSEMBLY: Photograph. Check pedals for side play. Remove clutch, brake and accelerator pedals from mount along with bushings spacers, shafts and hardware. Clean, inspect, photograph, and make notations and list of needed parts. Label, bag and store parts.
* CLUTCH: Photograph, mark, remove, clean, inspect, photograph and catalog clutch pressure plate. disk, release bearing, pilot bearing, fulcrum shaft and related parts. make notations and parts list. Label bag and store parts.
* STEERING AND SUSPENSION: Photograph, remove, inspect, photograph, label and store rear suspension components, front suspension components and steering components. Make list of replacement parts (ball-joints, bushings, hardware, etc) needed for re-assembly and installation of suspension and steering. Make notations. Inspect all suspension and steering mounts. Take photographs and make notations.
* EXHAUST SYSTEM: Check, photograph, remove, clean, label and store any remaining exhaust system parts on car.
* TRANSMISSION: Photograph, remove, clean, inspect and photograph transmission and all related parts such as mounts, support, hardware drive-shaft, etc. Make notations.
* DIFFERENTIAL AND HALF-SHAFTS: Photograph, drain, remove, clean, inspect and photograph half-shafts and differential. Inspect drain oil. Make notations. Label, bag and store parts.
* FUEL SYSTEM: Photograph, remove, clean, inspect, photograph tank, fuel cap, pump, filter, hard lines, banjo fittings, hoses, pick-up strainer, fuel level sending unit, mounting straps, hardware, etc. Make notations and parts list. Label bag and store parts.
* COOLING SYSTEM: Photograph,remove, clean, inspect and photograph radiator, electric fans, coolant expansion tank, heater, oil cooler, plumbing, etc. Make notations and parts list. Label, bag and store parts.
* ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: Photograph, label and remove all accessible wiring. Remove battery. Remove, clean, inspect and photograph fuse box and any remaining electrical components. Label bag and store parts.
* BODY AND CHASSIS: Photograph and finish disassembling doors, hood and trunk lid. Clean, inspect, photograph, label, bag and store parts. Make notations and parts list. Mount body/chassis unit on rotisserie. Scrape away all loose rust and all grease and under-coating. Soda-blast bottom of car, wheel wells, exterior, engine compartment, interior and trunk to remove dirt, old paint, hardened under-coating, etc. Sand-blast limited areas of chassis and floors to remove stubborn rust. Soda blast doors, trunk lid, hood and assorted other parts to remove old paint, etc. Clean up media blasting residue. Inspect and photograph condition of car. Make notations. Store doors, hood, trunk lid, etc.
* MECHANICAL COMPONENT REPAIR, REFINISHING, REBUILDING, REPLACEMENT: Test and evaluate all components and sub-assemblies removed from car for repair and refinishing needs. Make notations and photos.
* BODY AND CHASSIS REPAIR: Massage large dent at the right front corner back out to where the metal was originally. Inspect body and chassis for problem areas for repair needs. Inspect and make plans for repairing, replacing and refinishing rust damaged floors, chassis and related surfaces after having been media blasted clean. generate patters making replacement floor pans to match originals.
* BODY AND CHASSIS REFINISHING: After metal repairs have been made, perform finish bodywork to form a stable, smooth, wave-free surface to be the foundation for paintwork that will last.
* TRIM REPAIR AND FITMENT:
* ASSEMBLY OF CAR: